Latest News in Cycling
- selling my 2012 kona unit. size is 20". asking $650 obo
cranks: shimano slx
chainring: 32t e13 guide ring anodized purple with aluminum bash guard
rear cog: surly 20t steel cog
rims: transition bikes revolution 28
hubs: sram x9
brakes: avid bb7 mechanical 180 front/160 rear
fork: voodoo zombie cromo rigid fork.
bars: race face atlas AM purple anodized
stem: bontrager rhythm pro (i think its either 90 or 100mm in length)
headset: chris king no threadset
grips: bontrager RL lock ons
tires: bontrager 29-3 29x2.3 (also have a set of bontrager fr3's that are 29x2.35) both sets of tires are in great shape, the 29-3's have maybe 4 rides on them
seatpost: thomson elite silver (there is a chromag post in the pic, but i will swap before it's sold)
seat: bontrager evoke RL Ti rails
pedals not included
- Well about two years late, but someone asked me to list best overall hard training rides I do. Gave it some thought the other day, late October when i was doing hill repeats on Graham Hollow Road and Army Road, all near the farm in IL. Each time i was climbing I kept thinking Tim R would be coming up next to me, eating a slice of pizza, talking," Hows it going Shawn?" as i was hurting. He was climbing like a young Kevin L. On the down hill, I would have flash back of the great Harry Potter Gary D leaning on me, like a baby bear cub, as my wrist would be screaming from holding the brakes forever turning my way down Pere Marquette Park, hoping not to shoot across Hwy into the river. As Harry Potter flashed by me, he does circles at the bottom waiting on me. For small talk, I say "going up ?" Gary goes screw that, as we part. lol So as I crack a smile I start to rethink my list as I climb. Title of my top 4 training rides--- In The Land Of Gods and Monsters--- by Elizabeth Woolridege Grant.
4. Tuesday Night Worlds: 80% of the better riders wore out--cheap motor pacing-- stay 5 off the back of the pack to get work out. Mike W and Amy S sometimes drop back and share a slice of pizza with me, while we chat, chat going around and around. I do B race too-- leave there 72miles with warm up laps total. I think a couple of nights I left with 106miles, got off at 3:30pm sin awhile over course, no big deal
;3. Monday Nights St. Charles: Make yourself work out. But know this 90% racing this ride! Your not killing it the whole time, 30mile ride, 24mph to 27mph avg. Major wheel sucking. The only ride I"m drilling it 34mph and Matt P texting at same time, and I'm snaking all over the map to get around him, as he cracks a smile and keeps me from coming around. Love it! Now thats riding! It drives me crazy that a huge number of people on this ride race this ride, instead of drilling it. It's only a 31miles ride. It should avg 30mph, flat as hell. Ugg don't get me started, but in the end, each can do what they wish. Its all good!
2. Dr. Mark Ride, Saturdays. Who's who of the top 15 in the state in cycling. Best quote ever from Chris H "xxck I should of just left my race number on" No wheel sucking on this ride, everyone there for the workout, very hard. Other than falling back to blow your noise or eat something, someone coming around you. It's rolling, at 27mph as we motor into old Valley Park, Dr. Mark asked me if I know the way home. I'm a little bewildered like a baby fawn learning to walk for the first time. At this statement as I smile, he speeds back up to the front. As he table tops the railroad tracks like "World Champion Tim K" flash backs of my BMX days, then I knew it was on like Donkey Kong.
1. In The Land Of Gods and Monsters. Jimmy V ride! Sundays. Hardest fastest ride ever! You'll make every excuse not to come, or come back! Pro ride!! By the time I'm at mile 13 I'm ready to go home. Its a 92 mile of rolling hills, no flats all grades go up. It's like if you had your legs took off your body, and the Jolly Green Giant grabs them and whips them against a North Carolina oak tree two times over and pass them back to your body, as he goes back to eating his green beans, he pauses and yells "get the hell out of my forest" I do everything in my power to hurt Jimmy V at this ride, and stll come up short. He knows every gears selection, each grade and pitch of the road, which way the wind blows on each turn. He knows even when, the deer run out, to get a draft for awhile, as he pulling away again. With the help of Jedi Master Dwayne - he too helps me out to beat down Jimmy V! Only ride that a eagle follows you- waiting for you to fall out, to pick your eyes out like the road kill armadillos. I"m glad he doesn't swim/run because he's transition times might be faster than mine. He's in boxing shorts already by the time I reach my car sayings"See you next week, roll out same time," Bye. Best quotes "We Riding yet" "my Daughter is faster than this" "get real" "get your fat ass up the hill Shawn" "it's Go Time" "you and your Lady Gaga bell" "I don't ride this slow in my sleep" "they will string you up down here wearing that pink"
Peace always Shawner
- Selling my Roval 29er wheelset that came stock on my 2014 Specialized Stump Jumper HT. These have very few miles. Both wheels are taped and tubeless ready. Rear hub is standard 135X10 and the front is 15mm thru axle. Axle and skewer are not included.
I also have a custom hand built set for sale.
- I am selling a Giant Reign. The frame is blue and a size large 2010 that was purchased new in 2011. It is in perfect condition and was professionally maintained. All bearings and suspension components were serviced per manufacturers specs and it shows. This bike REALLY is in GREAT shape. There are no excessive rock chips or dents in the frame. I installed downtube and chainstay protectors before it was taken to the trail. I will try to post pictures but until then my description will have to do. It is built up with full Fox suspension that includes a DHX air 4.0 shock with boost valve and a 2011 Fox 36 rc2 fit cartridge fork. Both components have been serviced twice a season whether they needed it or not. The bike is also built with Avid Elixir R brakes, Race face atlas handlebars, and a Race Face Evolve 2X9 crankset with bashgaurd and a Sram x-9 rear derailleur and shifters. The wheels are Mavic Crosslines and I will be including a set of anodized blue Azonic Outlaws wheels (that match the frame) that are a bit heavier but are great if you want to take it to a bike park. The Crosslines are very stout but are lighter and are great for general trail riding. It also come with a Crankbrothers Joplin 4 w/ handlebar remote and a Fizik seat. I have a spare Joplin 3 without the remote (under the seat lever) that I would swap out for a bit less $$.The tires are Maxxis Minion on the front and a Continental Race King on the back. I purchased this bike with the intent to keep it a very long time so I have many spare parts for it that have never been used but now I must sell it. I have a lot of extra parts that are brand new in the boxes still. These include a FSA Mega EXO bottom bracket, Sram 970 cassette, and a Sram x-7 rear derailleur just to name a few. This bike has been built with new part from 2011-2012 so everything is new and current gen.I really haven't put many miles on this bike and it looks great and rides even better. I am selling this bike with all the extra parts for $2400. I would possibly sell some of the components separately but I would like to keep it all together as much as possible. I will also sell this bike with the Joplin 3 post instead of the Joplin 4 and without the extra parts and wheel set for $2100.
- FYI-Here is the website for the Altitude Adjustment Cross in Longmont the weekend before Nats:
Brook Watts is promoting the event as was also the promoter for the "Gateway Cross!"
Brook is a great guy and good ambassador for cross. He's also a pretty fast cross racer when you consider how much time he spends traveling and promoting events. Those of us that have tried to promote and race know how difficult that is.