Latest News in Cycling
- For sale is my 2012 Trek Madone 4.5 size 60cm. The bike has less than 200 miles on it, and was bought locally at Maplewood Cycle. I am asking $1000 however I am open to offers.
Frame Tubing Material: Trek TCT Carbon
Tires: Bontrager R1, 700 x 23c
Brakeset: Tektro R540 dual-pivot
Shift Levers: Shimano 105 STI
Rear Cogs: Shimano 105, 10-speed: 11-28
Chain: Bontrager SSR wheelset
Handlebar: Bontrager Race VR-C
Handlebar Stem: Bontrager Race Lite
Cycling Canada has announced their full roster for the upcoming road world championships in Ponferrada, Spain. Opting to not fill all of their available spots, the elected athletes were chosen based on criteria put forth by the Canadian federation.
Cycling Canada stated, “[We] only nominate athletes to the world championship team who have shown they can contribute to Canada’s performance objectives.”
Canada’s U23 racers were unable to secure enough UCI points to field a U23 men’s team, but they are planning on structuring the 2015 season to allow for more development opportunity to increase the talent pool, in hopes of securing a squad for future world championships.
Joëlle Numainville (road race)
Karol-Ann Canuel (time trial and road race)
Leah Kirchmann (time trial and road race)
Svein Tuft (time trial)
Christian Meier (road race)
Michael Woods (road race)
Ryan Anderson (road race)
Alternate: Guillaume Boivin (road race)
Dafné Theroux-Izquierdo (time trial and road race)
Laurence Dumais (road race)
Emeliah Harvie (road race)
Sara Poidevin (road race)
Pier-André Cote (time trial and road race)
Edward Walsh (road race)
Jean-Simon D’Anjou (road race)
Derek Gee (road race)
With less than 24 hours to go until Jens Voigt’s hour-record attempt, the first high-profile attempt since the UCI changed the rules surrounding the record in May of this year, final preparations are now being made. Voigt’s sponsor Trek requested hour-record questions from its Twitter followers, spanning from his target power output to his race-day playlist. A few select questions and answers are reprinted below, with Trek’s permission. The full Q&A is available here.
Question: @Bike_ABK6: What average wattage will Jens target?
Answer: 370 watts average.
Q: @sufferfest: Can he see his wattage? Q: @JHLudlum: How about using an earpiece?
A: He cannot see live power data, per UCI-standard track-racing rules, but he can record it for later analysis. We’ve worked closely with SRM to keep his 55-tooth crank setup freshly calibrated so we can get a lot of information from this attempt. He cannot have an earpiece, but is allowed one person on the side of the track to give him verbal coaching.
Q: @BWSimons: What’s on Jens’ 60-minute playlist?
A: We asked him, and this is what he said:
• REO Speedwagon “Keep on Loving You”
• Brian Adams “Summer of 69″
• Journey “Wheel in the Sky”
• Air Supply “Making Love out of Nothing at All“
• Metallica “Turn the Page”
• Republica “Ready to Go”
• P.O.D. “Feel So Alive”
• Metallica “One”
• AC/DC “Hells Bells”
• AC/DC “Highway to Hell”
• Farmerboys “Here Comes the Pain”
• Ugly Kid Joe “Goddam Devil”
• AC/DC “Thunderstruck”
• Black Sabbath “Paranoid”
• Metallica “Frayed Ends of Sanity”
• Europe “Final Countdown”
• Metallica “Nothing Else Matters”
• Cranberries “Zombie”
• Kansas “Dust in the Wind”
• Air Supply “All Out of Love”
• Lita Ford/ Ozzy Osbourne “Close My Eyes Forever”
The post Must read: Jens Voigt’s hour-record pacing, playlist, and more appeared first on VeloNews.com.
- Both are new in box never used:
Fizik Tundra M3 carbon braided saddle, 175 grams, $125.00 retail is $200.00
Ritchey WCS Carbon Flexlogic seat post 30.9 x 400. up to 25mm offset $130.00 retail is $239.00
PM me if interested...Both are warranty replacements, I do not have a need for either, They are priced to sell. David
- I have a few random parts left over from my current build that I am not planning on using. Maybe they might benefit someone else. Not really sure what any of them are worth, so shoot me an offer if you think I am out of line on price. I will try to get pics up tonight too and feel free to ask questions. Items are as follows:
New SRAM GXP BSA (english thread) bottom bracket - $15
Like new Race Face Evolve 90mm +/-6 degree stem - $15
Shimano 5600 105 Braze-on Front Derailleur (used, but still works great) - $10